SubjectRe: Major 2.1.x problem index
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> holds the major showstopper
> items for a 2.2 release, and a few other bugs indexed on a web page.
> I've gone back to problems filed and reproduced from 2.1.97 onwards
> so far. My archive goes back a lot further, its just less and less
> productive the further I dig (and more and more boring ;)).
> This isnt intended to be an index of everyone who reported every minor
> bug, but of major pieces of known problem.
> Alan

2.1.10x CDROM
Unloading a cdrom while in /proc/sys/dev crashes

should be generalized to:

2.1.10x CDROM
Uniform cdrom driver doesn't increment module use counts for itself,
or for low-level drivers.

I have a preliminary patch for this at:
(it is running on my system) but I want to do a few more things
with this before I submit it.

Erik B. Andersen Web: