SubjectRe: Major 2.1.x problem index
On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> holds the major showstopper
> items for a 2.2 release, and a few other bugs indexed on a web page.

The following problems have been fixed:

- Page cache flaws: swapoff does no longer crash on sys5 memory
- Swap cache race: I believe Bill's patch should be integrated
_now_... It has worked for a _long_ time and it is correct.
- swap deadlock: I saw a fix for this, a few hours ago. It
will probably be submitted this weekend.
- swapoff deadlock: Well, it says that the patch was posted. I
read the patch too, and it looks suspiciously correct to me :)

There's also a separate TODO list for the Linux MM team,
it's on

I will include the MM things from your page RSN.
(mlock, swap cache counters, PGE handling, LDT allocation
and the mmap security stuff weren't there yet)

| Linux memory management tour guide. |
| Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |