    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Very amusing DNS...
    On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Anthony Barbachan wrote:

    > This could mean that they have finally started porting IE 4.01 to Linux as
    > they have done for Solaris and HPUX. I heard that the IE for UNIX
    > programmers were all (or at least mostly) Linux guys, they may have
    > convinced MS to release IE for Linux. Or they might just have been
    > compiling Apache 1.3.0 with frontpage extensions (and the other bundled
    > utilities) for Linux. If it is IE, the addition of MS as an application
    > provider for Linux should be benifitial to us.

    Sorry - I wouldn't want IE for Linux. Also, it's not likely to happen -
    I'd guess maybe a 2% chance of it... If you remember Randy Chapman, he's
    now working at Microsoft on some of the UNIX things they do (not very
    many, mostly IE/Unix and FrontPage extensions and the like).. he's already
    stated they have no intention of this. Also, the IE4/Unix "port" was done
    using a commercial library package that implements Win32+MFC on top of
    Solaris - first it's total bloatware, second, I find it unlikely that
    they'd bother to port that to Linux (no money in it for 'em).

    P.S. - I'm not against browsers - I might even buy Opera when the Linux
    port comes out. I just hate IE.

    Derrik Pates
    dpates@kalifornia.com
    dpates@acm.org

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.021 / U:29.380 seconds]