SubjectRe: KeyboardSignal ? does it still work????
Date
In article <k2u35jh9xo.fsf@zero.aec.at>, Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de> wrote:
>Jan Gyselinck <JAN.GYSELINCK@student.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While browsing init and inittab manpages, I found a kbrequest-item. It
>> gets run when the KeyboardSignal key is pressed, but it doesn't seem to
>> work. The manpages state:
>>
>> SIGNALS:
>> init reacts to several signals:
>>
>> SIGWINCH: the kernel sinds this singal when the KeyboardSignal key
>> is hit. It activates the kbrequest action.
>>
>> If I send SIGWINCH to init, the kbrequest-thingy gets run. How do I get
>> the kernel to send the signal when I press a key?
>
>Change init to call
>
> ioctl(tty_device, KDSIGACCEPT, SIGWINCH);

It already does.

>Of course you need to make sure that spawn_console in mapped in your current
>keymap.

Yes, see inittab(5). It's all in there.

Providing you have a distribution with a recent sysvinit, or installed
it yourself.

Mike.
--
Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
miquels@cistron.nl | eventually eliminating it.