    SubjectRe: MMX emulator ?
    On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Sylvain Pion wrote:

    > I wondered whether there has been some thoughts about implementing an MMX
    > emulator in the kernel, something like the FPU emulator. It sounds like a
    > good idea, because we could run MMX apps on processors that don't support it.
    > But I'm not sure how easy it would be. Ideas ?

    Currently, it would be very hard. Not just to emulate the MMX
    commands, but also to compile an MMX program...
    We don't yet have MMX support in the compiler, and I'm not
    sure if all the MMX opcodes are trapped correctly by a normal

    | Linux memory management tour guide. |
    | Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:9.360 seconds]