SubjectRe: Comment on spam: Aviation Internet Marketer !!! (fwd)
> Date:	Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:13:59 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@ican.net>
>
> This seems to be a very good spammer. No way of tracing back...
> ;o(
[162 lines of quoted spam ommitted]

Um...

First of all, my spam filter blocked the message so I would never have been
bothered by it if you hadn't POSTED IT AGAIN...

Second, the message contains URLs of the advertised site; this is the
easiest type of spam to deal with. Do a traceroute. Complain to the
ISP hosting the site and their upstream provider. Enough complaints and
the spammer gets disconnected from the net, losing any potential profits
from their spam and maybe some legitimate sales as well, if it is a
legitimate business, and realizes that spam doesn't pay. Maybe they
refuse to pay the bulk emailer or at least give them a hassle. The
world moves a tiny step toward being spam free.

Third, let's followup to, um, news.admin.net-abuse or whatever.

-=] Ford [=-

"Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, (In Real Life: Mike Ditto)
goodbye, goodbye, goodbye." ford@omnicron.com
- Oingo Boingo, "Goodbye, Goodbye" http://www.omnicron.com/~ford/ford.html

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.070 / U:0.040 seconds]