SubjectRe: more strange things with aic7xxx (5.0.19 in 2.1.105)
	I had the SCAM enabled in the Adaptec BIOS, but this had nothing
to do with the problems I was having (and I am having), after disabling
the SCAM things are getting worse, now the driver isn't able to identify
the CD devices, and just print out CD-ROM type without any info on the
vendor, model, or revision.
I have two type of error messages during boot up sometimes, it
keep resetting the bus (even with the no_reset option ???) and sometimes
it print very strange info, something like (well exactyle) :

(scsi0:-1:-1:-1) Bad scbptr 16 during SELTO
(scsi0:-1:-1:-1) Referenced SCB 255 not valid during SELTO
SCSISEQ=0x5a SEQADDR=0x8 SSTATO=0x10 SSTATI=0x8a
<the same repeated many times and then>
aborting due to timeout pid 8 scsi0 channel 0 id 5 lun 0
<then it start again>

Strange things:
That -1:-1:-1 ????

I have no device at id 5, I have a hd at 0, a cdrom at 2 and a cdrecorder
at 4, (the adapter is at id 7)

All the messages appear when trying to detect the first cd device, I mean
if I put the cdrom or the cdrecorder with a lower id than the hd,
the messages appear just after the driver initialization, no device
is detected; in any other configuration, messages appear after
detecting the hd, just before detecting the cd device.

So I must keep my assertion about random nature of machines ;)

One O.S. to rule them all, | German Gomez Garcia
One O.S. to find them. | mat006@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es
One O.S. to bring them all |
and in the darkness bind them. | "Wur Qanar Wur Stilor Wur Kas"