SubjectRe: Linux won't do cpu hlt on idle with fic pa-2007 mobo?
I have an FIC PA-2011 with a K6/233, and would like to know if it
exhibits the same problem. How do you know your CPU is not doing
hlt-on-idle?

I'm pretty sure my CPU gets hotter when doing lots of consecutive kernel
compiles. That's the only test of this kind that I've done. It's not
exactly cool ever, but then last year's K6/233s do draw a lot of
current.

Ta,
-- Jamie

---------------

On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 04:26:38PM -0400, Wayne O. Jackson wrote:
> I got an FIC PA-2007 motherboard a few months ago, and the first thing I
> noticed was that in any kernel of Linux I run with this board, the cpu
> does not hlt on idle like it use to do with my last 5 motherboards. I am
> running an Intel 233MMX cpu, so you would think there wouldn't be any
> problem. The PA-2007 has tha Apollo VP2 chipset. I have a temperature
> sensor in my case with a digital readout on the outside, and with my
> last 5 motherboards, which were Intel chipset boards, Linux would run
> around 10 degrees cooler than Win95, but with my PA-2007 Linux runs at
> the same temperature as Win95. If anybody out there can give me any help
> on trying to fix this please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne
> wjack@magicnet.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:3.802 / U:0.164 seconds]