SubjectProblems with 2.1.105 and sound
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

>Ok now I know what Im looking at. Seems there are interesting features
>in the mpu/uart401 behaviour that I disturbed and Hannu knew about ;)

BTW: I've had a problem with the sounddriver yesterday. The only thing
that was running on my machine was mp123 playing a mp3 file. After
about 10 minutes the machine locked hard i.e. no SysRQ did work anymore.

The used drivers are MAD16 and OPL3.... both configured correctly using
the right DMAs and IRQs.

Anyway: As the sound driver works the first time since somewhere in 2.1.80
I'm quite happy and can report bugs again :))

I have a strange problem with my Yamaha SoundEdge:
After a poweroff or hard reset I have to boot my System to DOS to get
sound working correctly. Otherwise the card will be detected and I
can use the devices but I won't hear anything even if I use the mixer
device to change the volumes.

This Yamaha SoundEdge has an OPL-4 will will be detected at startup
but doesn't occur in the soundstats (Bug/Feature?)

--

Servus,
Daniel