SubjectRe: Any SMP people out there with SCSI CD ROMs?
OK the second service

Now I somehow feel thet it will hapend so I switched to the text mode
and mount the CDROM

results:
The computer locks, but not that solid as I probably expected.

The keyboard worked, so a could make some sysRq magic:

sysRq-t:
all processes which fits on my screen were in S state only the mount
was in R state.

mount 95 R c0106000 0 11349 275
sig: 0 0...4 0..fffbfaef :X

the number in 4-th collumn was the same fot all tasks: c0106000

when I pushed tge sysRq -killall:
killing all tasks even init ,
but the tasks stays.
The state of all tasks changed to R.

Emergency sync using sysRq does not help. The disk was unacessible.
But tasks which were started posibly works well becaouse the computer
is serving as ppp to ethernet router, and the open conection through
the modem worked well.

I am sorry I dont have the valid System.map.

Any ideas if the absenting system.map is problem I will recompile the
cernel, but the error is rare so the chance that I will hit the lock
is small.

Richard Bouska
Student of CTU Prague

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.106 / U:0.100 seconds]