    SubjectRe: [Off topic] Re: New Linux distribution - PSL
    On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Martin Konold wrote:
    > > > would get samba and squid (okay, I'm biased ;p ), and a 'workstation'
    > > > distribution may get some nice KDE stuff.
    > >
    > > Whoops you've just installed a couple of security holes unless you
    > > have the right patches applied and exactly the right versions. And
    > > nobody has even tried to audit KDE yet. You've also created a license
    > > violating distribution so far ...
    > Please stop spreading these lies.
    [...lots of threats of legal action deleted...]

    Wow. You can threaten people with lawyers. What you cannot apparently do
    is tell people precisely what Alan is lying about:

    a) That KDE has never had a formal (or even informal) security audit, and
    recent BUGTRAQ traffic lends itself well to the need for such a

    b) That KDE, due to licensing issues, could make life hard on those
    building a distribution around it...

    From where I sit (and frankly, I have no political or financial bias in
    -any- direction), I think they're both very valid points. Care to address
    them instead of providing thinly veiled threats of legal action?

    And how the devil did this -ever- come up on linux-kernel anyway?

    Edward S. Marshall `-----------------------'

    Linux labyrinth 2.1.105 #6 SMP Mon Jun 8 22:20:16 CDT 1998 i586 unknown

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:17.516 seconds]