    SubjectRe: knfsd messages (was: Re: patch for 2.1.103 knfsd dentry problem
    On Sat, 30 May 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

    > > Well, since I can reproduce this bug on demand, I'd be interested in
    > > testing any patches you feel like coming up with.
    > Hi Austin,
    > I've reworked the dentry locking for the nfsd create routine, and
    > hopefully this will take care of the problems you reported. The code now
    > locks the parent directory before checking for existence, and keeps the
    > parent locked through the call to the low-level create op.
    > The attached patch has been lightly tested and seems to behave
    > correctly, but let me know how it works out.

    Ok, this is much better. I still get a single:

    May 31 21:06:23 valour kernel: nfsd_create: dentry ThesisProposal/ThesisProposal not negative!

    message - is this of concernt?

    I've now got a really simply way of reproducing the problem:

    mkdir .

    This is what my tar happened to be doing

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.021 / U:8.844 seconds]