   From: Ulrich Drepper <>
Date: 26 May 1998 09:48:52 -0700

There is one more solution: let the kernel report what CW value it
will use. Maybe in the ELF auxiliary vector. Add AT_LINUX_FPUCW
and pass the value up. Then the libc can decide whether it is
necessary to perform the operation or not. And we have no
dependencies except that you need to upgrade your system to take
advatnage of the improvements but this is the same for most

Ok, I really like this solution, perhaps it's the one which we should
use to solve this problem.

David S. Miller