    SubjectRe: Why all glibc2 programs are FPU programs
       From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
    Date: 26 May 1998 09:48:52 -0700

    There is one more solution: let the kernel report what CW value it
    will use. Maybe in the ELF auxiliary vector. Add AT_LINUX_FPUCW
    and pass the value up. Then the libc can decide whether it is
    necessary to perform the operation or not. And we have no
    dependencies except that you need to upgrade your system to take
    advatnage of the improvements but this is the same for most
    enhancements.

    Ok, I really like this solution, perhaps it's the one which we should
    use to solve this problem.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.021 / U:118.088 seconds]