    SubjectRe: Upgrading to a test kernel
    Hello Riley:

    I believe you are correct in that it is installed in the default kernel
    supplied by Red Hat. I have sinced recompiled the kernel with options
    that I want and one of them wasn't the NFS stuff. I will recompile
    tonight and add it back in. Thanks for the heads up.

    - Mike

    On Mon, 25 May 1998, Riley Williams wrote:

    > Hi Michael.

    > >> In my case, here's the procedure I used to update to the latest of
    > >> everything...I use the RedHat mirror on SunSite.doc.ic.ac.uk but the
    > >> following should also work with RedHat's own site...

    > >> The result of the above sequence is that ALL of your currently
    > >> installed RedHat-supplied RPM's are updated to the latest versions,
    > >> thus reducing the problems caused by old versions...
    >
    > > I'm gonna ask a dumb question here, but this script assumes that I
    > > have NFS support either built-in or as a module, correct?
    >
    > Yes, it does - but as far as I'm aware, ALL of the kernel binaries
    > supplied with the various distributions have NFS support compiled in
    > so that their customers can do an NFS install. Certainly both RedHat
    > and Slackware include suchlike support. As a result, that shouldn't be
    > a problem...
    >
    > Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.026 / U:60.252 seconds]