SubjectRe: Problems in 2.1.100
> The problem that I first noticed was that I was unable to su, it just jung
> after I entered the password (correct or otherwise).
>
> Then I noticed that I could not log in at all. I could telnet to the
> machine, and it would connect, but I would not get a login prompt. At the
> console I got the prompt fine, but apon entering a username/password, it
> just hung (as su had)

I don't know about the other problems you mentioned, but this one sounds
similar to one I had. Pavel Machek (I think) pointed out that the dynamic
linker is now required to have the executable bit set for ordinary users
to be able to use it. Doing something like "chmod +x /lib/ld-*.so*" would
make sure it's set.
___
Trevor Johnson

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.027 / U:0.680 seconds]