SubjectRe: FW: Corrupted filesystem

I thought had responded to Trevor personally earlier (Trevor, my
apologies if somehow you didn't get my note, if that's why you then sent
mail to linux-kernel).

From his description, it seemed pretty clear that something had
scribbled over the beginning of the inode table, which is why there was
trash in inode #5, and large number of inodes were in /lost+found.

If this happened purely because of an unclean shutdown (which is what I
believe he said), then there was something really strange happening with
his hardware indeed, since disks should scribble over random places on
the disk, even if they get powered down in the middle of a write
request.....

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.055 / U:0.328 seconds]