    SubjectRe: Cyrix 6x86MX and Centaur C6 CPUs in 2.1.102

    > Yes, but for all the chips produced up to now it is equal, and for later
    > chips we may decide based on the chip revision / manufacturer and if needed
    > apply a TSC per sec / CPU clocks per sec ratio for the respective chip to
    > get the correct CPU frequency.

    Do we need to have such ugliness in the kernel? I know no reason for calculating
    CPU clock rate in the kernelas apposed to the TSC frequency which is really needed when
    you want to use the TSC for measuring real time.

    Have a nice fortnight
    Martin `MJ' Mares <>
    "IBM = Inferior, But Marketable"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.018 / U:66.656 seconds]