    SubjectRe: GGI ;o) (Was: Re: Boot Logo Thoughts (LONG))
    On Sat, 16 May 1998, Mike A. Harris wrote:

    > > > Oh, no!!! Not *this* flame-war again! Do we have to touch *every* old
    > > > stomping-ground this week?
    > >
    > > Looks like it :-( I'm surprised we haven't seen GGI start up again.
    >
    > Why? Whats wrong with GGI?????!?!?!!!?!?! ;o)
    >
    > I just downloaded the latest GGI snapshot, and it is cool! ;o)
    >
    > > This has been a very bad week, and it's been made that way by a bunch
    > > of little boys sitting in the middle of their respective rooms and
    > > yelping about some pet issue, and not giving up when Those Who Decide
    > > (i.e. Those Who Write The Code[tm]) lay down the law.
    > >
    > > Linux is not a democracy, it's a meritocracy. Deal with it.
    >
    > Linux is a linusocracy. ;o) Linus' hasn't made any horrible
    > decisions yet, so I say we keep it this way.
    >
    > One exception: GGI. ;o)
    >
    > HEHEHEHEH!
    >
    > This message was not intended to start another GGI war, but it
    > probably will. ;o) Sorry, I couldn't resist...

    Please try. Every time one of these GGI flamewars starts it
    doesn't seem to do more than generate ill will towards our project. There
    is anough pointless flaming going on right now on linux-kernel already
    |-<.

    > What I'd like to see more than GGI in the kernel, is the GGI
    > patches working by default with a modern kernel like 2.0.3[34].

    This will probably not happen. Our CVS repository is locked right
    now because the KGI is being massively overhauled, and by the time all the
    rewriting is finished 2.2 will probably be out and 2.[0,1] will no longer
    be supported. There is a patch available for 2.1.96, though. Mail me if
    you are interested.

    Jon

    ---
    becoming one with God.'
    - Scientist G. Richard Seed

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:2.783 / U:0.008 seconds]