SubjectEgcs 1.0.3 & Linux
Date

Just curious to know if Egcs 1.0.3 (released today @
http://egcs.cygnus.com/egcs-1.0.3.html) correctly compiles the Linux kernel.
I'm not talking about "yes, I built it and it seems to run just fine after
one hour". I want to know if it correctly generates code which will run the
kernel correctly in all instances.

I've also been wondering if the problems with Egcs & GCC 2.8.x compiling the
Linux kernel are bad kernel code or bad compiler code. It would seem to me
that if it was a compiler problem, then it would be listed in the cavaets or
bugs listings somewhere, but it isn't.

GCC 2.8.x has been out for some time, so has Egcs, it's strange that no one
has fixed the problems that plague compilation of Linux kernel.. probably
one of the most recompiled things on the planet.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson : http://jordy.wserv.com
Web Services, Inc. : http://www.wserv.com