SubjectRe: 2.1.93 won't boot
On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Steven Ireland wrote:

> I've rebuilt 2.1.93 as a UP kernel and it boots.
>
> I noticed someone else reported their display flashed strangely during the
> reboot. My ISA VGA card displays columns of random characters during the reboot.
>
> Hope this helps. If you want me to try any patches just send them to me.

I think you might be seeing an artifact of the reset process. Folks have
posted that commenting out the SMP=1 on uniprocessor systems in the top
level Makefile (just like the Makefile SAYS to do, BTW) seems to correct
this problem.

I have done this along with an undef of the serial console echo stuf
and am remaking a new test kernel as this is being typed.

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Open Group does not own Linux.
http://www.debian.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.080 / U:0.072 seconds]