From: owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
[mailto:owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu]On Behalf Of Smilax
Rotundifolia
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 1998 10:22 PM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Problems

Okay, I'm here to whine to all of you.

1) What ever happened to RST cookies? I see SYN cookies now, but the RST
option was taken out. Were they merged with the SYN cookie option, or just
discarded?

2) Why doesn't BSD Process Accounting log to /var/log/messages or anything
like that? Is there a new version of klogd/syslogd that I need to know
about before I can use it?

3) How come when I try to use pppd to dial up into my ISP, I get an error
message telling me about how /dev/cua0 is deprecated? Can I help it if I
use a COM port for my modem?

4) My toe hurts.

5) Why does 2.1.93 hate me so? 2.1.92 was fine, but when I get 93, it
reboots right after saying "Ok, booting the kernel" or whatever. Is it
because I use PCI? What can I do to fix this so it doesn't whine to me and
commit suicide?

| |
| Fenestrae delendae est. |
| |