    SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
    Date
    > Not a myth. When I attempted to find out from Hewlett-Packard what the
    > protocol was, I was informed (in writing from an Engineering Manager)
    > that it was a proprietary protocol and that I would have to obtain the
    > permission of Microsoft before that information would become available.
    > You see, we wanted to provide a few thousand of these printers with the
    > CAT-Scanners we produce for the medical industry.
    >
    > Since our Realtime OS is __NOT__ Windows, there was no way we could
    > use these new printers.

    Wrong. You merely had to investigate harder. Those HP printers have nothing
    at all to do with Windows, and if you want to argue that point then please take
    a look at the protocol documentation and driver people wrote by snooping
    on the printer cables and the like.

    And will people take this whole thead to comp.os.*.advocacy once and for all
    This is meant to be for discussing Linux kernel issues not for people who
    haven't done the five minutes of checking of their facts to rant, or
    for certain other people to post 40 messages a day raving about some MS
    conspiracy most of which isnt there.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:3.551 / U:0.028 seconds]