Subjectsignal stack problem
Hello,

I'm porting a commercial unix app to linux (which version will, of course, be
available free :-), and the app uses signal stacks so that it can efficently
manage its own stack space (which makes it quite fast). The problem,
obviously, is that signal stacks aren't implimented in the linux kernel
(yet?). Our release is targeted mostly to 2.0.x linux users.

Does anybody know of a 'trick' I could use to get the functionality of having
signal stacks (without actually having them)? I've looked at the WINE code,
but someone told me (and I haven't had time yet to confirm) that recent stable
kernel versions have some changes that close the loophole that WINE was using
(namely, the current kernels fiddle with the sa_restorer field...).

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I'd appreciate *any* input :-) I
don't really care how hackish an idea is, as long as it gets me back to my
small stacks...

Thanks,
pete

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.037 / U:0.548 seconds]