SubjectRe: Lost keypresses [was Re: GGI and cli/sti in X]
Date
> > it, and if they are going the 11R6.4 route to ask them to contribute their
> > X11R6 changes like the new XAA code to a new 'ReallyXFree' project.
>
> why do you think XFree86 is not `ReallyXFree' (so that you need this `new project')?

Right now XFree is about as 'free' as you can get for everything but the RMS
definition of free. So long as it doesn't lose the 'freely redistributed
on commercial CD' stuff, which seems to be the main thing the new license
threatens we are ok.

> the fact that your wording sounds a bit negative at least to me (might be
> a result of not being native speaker/listener -- then sorry about that)

No its because I was a bit over the top. I only really see an XReallyFree
ever needing to exist if XFree itself ends up stuck in some XConsortium member
problem that requires it opt out.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.094 / U:0.804 seconds]