    SubjectRe: Plug & Pray...
    On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, allspeed wrote:

    > On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Riley Williams wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there.

    > > > lots of pnp material have to be initialize from dos before linux
    > > > can see them like my pnp sound card (opti 82c931) it's pnp and i
    > > > have to boot from dos the first time then i hit ctrl-alt-del and
    > > > load linux and it see the card.
    > >
    > > > try that if you have dos drivers for the mouse
    > >
    > > It's not the mouse that claims to be PnP, but the MAT on which one
    > > uses it. If you can advise me what drivers I need to use with that to
    > > get it working, I'd much appreciate it 8-)))
    > >
    > > Best wishes from Riley.
    > >
    > no i'm using a standard type of mouse but try to find a dos or winshit
    > driver then initialize the mat with it then hit ctrl-alt-del then reload
    > with linux if it detects the mat you will have to do this every time you
    > reset the computer if not check if the connection is correct most of my
    > pnp material are detected with linux except my sound card

    Wouldn't loadlin.exe be easier then control-alt-del? Ath least that way
    you can make it automatic and lass aggravating.

    Gerhard

    --
    Gerhard Mack
    irc admin centurion.starchat.net

    gmack@imag.net
    innerfire@starchat.net

    As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.026 / U:89.244 seconds]