    SubjectRe: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux
    On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
    > Wrong. You merely had to investigate harder. Those HP printers have nothing
    > at all to do with Windows, and if you want to argue that point then please take
    > a look at the protocol documentation and driver people wrote by snooping
    > on the printer cables and the like.

    I do know how to read as well as write from the "extended" parallel ports.
    I also know how to read documentation. The new HP Printers do not run
    HPGL (Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language), ASCII, or any "known" protocol
    Instead, they run a Windows-Specific Protocol which is proprietary to

    If you, or others, have "busted their secret codes", it makes no
    difference. You will not be able to use this hard-won knowledge except
    for your personal entertainment.

    I will not comment on this subject further.

    Dick Johnson
    ***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
    Penguin : Linux version 2.1.91 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.022 / U:1.168 seconds]