    SubjectRe: kmod freezes
    Date

    > On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, CD323 wrote:
    >

    > I am one of the parport developer. You are wrong. parport_enumerate() in
    > parport_share.c recall request_module() that _should_ load the module
    > parport_lowlevel that must be defined as an alias in /etc/conf.modules.
    > Then when __lp__ and not __parport__ is load parport_enumerate() will be
    > recalled from the lp initialization but parport_lowlevel is lot loaded due
    > a kmod bug. The workaround is buggy too because parport_lowlevel must be
    > load not when parport is load but when a pardevice module is load.
    >
    > The same bug is shown by the scsi_hostadapter alias in the scsi code.
    >
    > Andrea[s] Arcangeli

    ok, again - running Greg Zornetzer's patch to kmod (which enables the
    routine) *should* fix this. if this is the "workaround" you mention in
    your mail above, please explain the "bugginess" further; i'm not sure
    i follow you or understand why kmod is to blame for the bugginess.

    i've got kmod running on a 2.1.92 machine with greg's patch and it's
    just fine.

    -cyrus durgin.
    cider@speakeasy.org.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:4.535 / U:0.000 seconds]