Subjectsparc keyboard [Re: Lost keypresses]
Hi!

> > > 1. Will it work if I change the keyboard mode from VC_RAW to VC_MEDIUMRAW?
> > > AFAIK the only difference is that VC_MEDIUMRAW sends single keycodes,
> > > while VC_RAW sends scancodes, which may be prefixed. I haven't tried it
> > > yet, though.
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Fine! I'll try that.

Well, I'm not _too_ sure, but from what I saw in X sources, it
internaly converts it into mediumraw anyway, and conversion is done in
such way that if you feed it with mediumraw directly, it will not hurt.

> > Do you have keyboard > 128 characters? I do *NOT* want yet another
> > keyboard mode.
>
> A friend of mine has such a keyboard for a Sun SPARC.

Ugh. How does it work with linux? drivers/char/keyboard.c has
assumption of <128 characters... drivers/sbus/sunkbd.c has that
assumption, also. And I've strong feeling that we should merge those
two sources... Sparc has goodies we don't have, and i386 layer is
cleaner as lowlevel is separated.

Pavel
--
I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. Pavel