    SubjectPlease mail ATI
    Date
    I currently have an ATI All-In-Wonder video card, that includes
    as one of it's features a TV-Tuner. Which is completly useless
    to me right now due to the lack of a Linux driver. I am
    fully willing to start work on such a driver, but ATI refuses
    to release information on the card so that I can do so.

    They have stated in emails to me that the card contains
    hardware that they have licenced from other companys, and
    can therefore legally not release information on. I can
    only assume they are refering to the BT829 chip, and
    the Philips tuner. I have spec books on the Bt829, and
    the kernel allready has code in it to deal with
    the Philips tuner. The problem being the BT829's
    regisiters are accessed via what ATI calls a Multimedia
    channel, which I have no information on.

    The favor I wish to ask of all of you, is for you to email
    devrel@atitech.ca, and request that they release information
    on there TV-Tuner card, so that a linux driver can be
    written. I figure if they get enough requests from
    enough people they might release the information.

    Fred Wittekind

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.018 / U:1.012 seconds]