SubjectRe: hardware

What JERKS! Do they think that MS is all there is?????
I bet they think their crap doesn't stink!

Here's why I'm flaming mad:

These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format. After
unzipping, these files can be viewed in any text editor, including
all versions of Microsoft Word, WordPad, and Microsoft Word Viewer.
(http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/pc99.htm)

Since when can vi, joe, pico, emacs, jed, zed, MS notepad, ed, MS edlin,
or MS dos edit read MSword files????????

Or is MS now redefineing 'text editor' as something that can edit MS
propritary format files?

This is INSULTING. It would be more acceptiable if this were some paper
about a MS product.. However, this is the PC spec.. Quite a few PC users
don't use windows!

I guess that's what I should expect from a company who uses "htm" as the
extension on their web documents.

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> Well, after reading some messages with a "say-bye-to-text-mode", you might
> want to have a look at this:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/pc99.htm
>
> ____/| Ragnar Hojland (tech.support@redestb.es) Fingerprint 94C4B
> \ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
> =(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
> U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://keys.pgp.com
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.066 / U:2.488 seconds]