SubjectRe: linux/drivers/sound/bin2hex.c patch
Date
Alan, I acknowledge receiving the earlier reply when I mentioned
this to you in the pre-91 timeframe. I wasn't intending to kick
you for not including a fix in .91, just pointing out that it wasn't
there and needed to be there before 2.2.

Alan Cox wrote:

> Putting asm/init.h buried in that header is the wrong place.

Really doesn't matter to me: I'm not trying to start the sound
driver equivalent of an editor war. Bottom line is, "asm/init.h"
doesn't need to be included unless there's a boot program to
download AND bin2hex is invoked with the "-i" flag. By having
bin2hex generate the include, you don't risk including the file
unnecessarily as might be the case if the official fix ends up
looking something like this:

linux/drivers/sound/maui.c:

(...)
#ifdef CONFIG_MAUI_HAVE_BOOT
#include "asm/init.h"
#include "maui_boot.h"
#else
(...)

--
Bob Tracy | "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist- "
Firewall Security Corp. | - Last words of Union General John Sedgwick,