    SubjectRe: I/O completion ports for Linux
    > Normal unix asynchronous I/O uses signals to notify a process/thread
    > that some I/O operation won't block, but no information is given to
    > the process beyond that signal. Solaris' aio_read/write (when they
    > are implemented) will queue the request but will still use signals
    > to notify the process of completion. Linux IOCP avoids signals
    > altogether.

    If you look at the current kernels and the real time signals you should
    always be able to return a value with a real time signal and also be able
    to pass one item of data back (like the file descriptor)

    Personally I'd rather see posix AIO come oout of such work, directly or

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.029 / U:20.856 seconds]