    SubjectRe: lp.c in 2.0.x
    On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, Wolfgang Walter wrote:

    >> It force lp to don' t care about the interrupt so it' s the same of
    >> working in polling, take a look at /proc/interrupt and you will see.
    >
    >Not really, as I use tunelp to switch interrupt on. And /proc/interrupts
    >show that the interrupt is installed and works.

    Excuse me, I should look _all_ your patch ;-).

    Basically your patch request the printer irq a lot before starting to
    print. It doesn' t change how the lp handle the interrupt. This make no
    sense to me. Also if this is true it means that in the parport code we
    can' t request_irq/free_irq during the printing and so a lot of parport
    code should be rewritten to handle that. I think also my fix can' t help
    you. It would be nice if you could try the plain 2.1.98 lp and feedback.

    Andrea[s] Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.020 / U:1.744 seconds]