SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.98..
Date
> Just to clarify: David sent me about ten patches in close succession with
> nary _any_ explanation of any of the patches.
>
> Quite frankly, I tend to ignore that kind of spam-mail even when I don't
> have a new baby. If the submitter of patches cannot bother to tell what
> the patches do and why I should apply them, I won't be bothering to apply
> them.
>
> Using the CVS tree is not going to help that.

I think the CVS could help: with every commit, there is a log message
telling the purpose of the commit.
It is just hard to send such descriptions in such bulk patches as David was
creating - they contain most of what has been written on vger since January
or whenever last full merge happened.
If you were in the CVS, you could decide on a daily basis which commits
should go out, which should be rewritten and which are just fine...

Cheers,
Jakub