    SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.98..
    Date
    > Just to clarify: David sent me about ten patches in close succession with
    > nary _any_ explanation of any of the patches.
    >
    > Quite frankly, I tend to ignore that kind of spam-mail even when I don't
    > have a new baby. If the submitter of patches cannot bother to tell what
    > the patches do and why I should apply them, I won't be bothering to apply
    > them.
    >
    > Using the CVS tree is not going to help that.

    I think the CVS could help: with every commit, there is a log message
    telling the purpose of the commit.
    It is just hard to send such descriptions in such bulk patches as David was
    creating - they contain most of what has been written on vger since January
    or whenever last full merge happened.
    If you were in the CVS, you could decide on a daily basis which commits
    should go out, which should be rewritten and which are just fine...

    Cheers,
    Jakub
    Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
    Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University