    SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.98..

    On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > Feature freeze is one thing, but totally ignoring all of the critical
    > > networking bug fixes I tried to merge to you is yet another...
    > Give him a break Dave, he dropped all the sound fixes I sent him too and
    > the video4linux ones. Until Linus gets back on his feet its better that
    > folks just use the CVS tree Linux on
    > I've seen people with new children before, they go from ultra happy to
    > looking like something out of a zombie film in about a week.

    Just to clarify: David sent me about ten patches in close succession with
    nary _any_ explanation of any of the patches.

    Quite frankly, I tend to ignore that kind of spam-mail even when I don't
    have a new baby. If the submitter of patches cannot bother to tell what
    the patches do and why I should apply them, I won't be bothering to apply

    Using the CVS tree is not going to help that.

    Btw, Alan, I haven't even _seen_ your patches,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.051 / U:161.300 seconds]