SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.98..

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Feature freeze is one thing, but totally ignoring all of the critical
> > networking bug fixes I tried to merge to you is yet another...
>
> Give him a break Dave, he dropped all the sound fixes I sent him too and
> the video4linux ones. Until Linus gets back on his feet its better that
> folks just use the CVS tree Linux on vger.rutgers.edu
>
> I've seen people with new children before, they go from ultra happy to
> looking like something out of a zombie film in about a week.

Just to clarify: David sent me about ten patches in close succession with
nary _any_ explanation of any of the patches.

Quite frankly, I tend to ignore that kind of spam-mail even when I don't
have a new baby. If the submitter of patches cannot bother to tell what
the patches do and why I should apply them, I won't be bothering to apply
them.

Using the CVS tree is not going to help that.

Btw, Alan, I haven't even _seen_ your patches,

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans