    SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.98..
       From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
    Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:15:12 +0100 (BST)

    Give him a break Dave, he dropped all the sound fixes I sent him
    too and the video4linux ones. Until Linus gets back on his feet its
    better that folks just use the CVS tree Linux on vger.rutgers.edu

    I know I know, smelly diapers and all that, but the point of all my
    efforts lately have been to make a complete merge of the vger CVS tree
    to Linus an actual reality, the timing is just shit at the moment I
    suppose.

    Saying each time "while Linus is in diaperville everyone just use the
    CVS tree" is wrong, because it's nice for the moment and for the
    developers who want to get their stuff in quickly "somewhere" (and
    here is where the Linus model breaks down, there is no "somewhere" to
    queue your patches in some semi-permanent manner, we've tried to do
    that with vger for a while, but it breaks down) but later it's a pain
    in the ass for me and for Linus because I have to split up 2MB of
    diffs each round and get them to him cleanly, and worse yet some of
    these patches end up overlapping so sending completely clean stuff is
    an utter nightmare.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:4.028 / U:0.028 seconds]