    SubjectRe: Euro symbol (going further off topic)
    H. Peter Anvin <> wrote:
    > No, it doesn't. I don't know what character set your mail/news reader
    > thinks you're using (probably one of the IBM abominations), but it's
    > not ISO 8859-1.

    The problem reported (where o overstruck with x looks like n overstruck
    with ~) occurs when a character-set aware mail reader (such as mutt)
    tries to display iso 8859-1 on a display which it thinks is latin-1
    but really is the native linux character set/font.

    At least, I experience the reported problem, but my display looks like
    what you describe it should be if I do `setfont lat1-16.psf`, and it
    reverts to problematic display if I do a plain `setfont`. Note that
    it doesn't matter whether i'm using `mapscrn trivial`, `mapscrn lat1.uni`
    or `mapscrn iso01.uni`.

    This surprises me, as I thought linux's native display was latin1.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.019 / U:0.712 seconds]