SubjectRe: 2.1.97 mm and cache
Hi!

> > I really don' t think the problems is the swap code. I think the problem
> > is the cache allocating code. Only it. Then the swapping code try to free
> > memory swapping all out. As ever I never got into mm details so I can be
> > wrong.
>
> My friend showed how 2.1.97 stall on its laptop with 8Mbyte of ram. So I
> tried to develop something with that hardware. To hang 2.1.97 I need to
> `cp -r linux tmp` and then run a `make mrproper` on a kernel tree as
> suggested by my friend.

Renice kswapd to some non-realtime priorityy. If it helps, let me
know.

I'm not really sure we should run kswapd on realtime priority, it just
hangs too many machines... [Magic-Foo: renice kswapd? :-) ]

Pavel
--
I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).