SubjectRe: Euro symbol (includes bottom line)
> Bottom line is: Linux must support the Euro before the European Central
> Bank is foudned (in a couple of months), or at least before the new
> Single Currency starts on 1 January 1999. If it isn't ready when cash

I don't understand what's the issue here..

# echo -e "keycode 100 = Compose\ncompose 'e' to '\366'" | loadkeys
# setfont custom-m.fnt

People just have to agree in a value (like 0366) and a font file or patch
to be available with the Euro symbol. What else is needed? Am I missing
something important here?

____/| Ragnar Hojland (ragnar@lightside.ddns.org) Fingerprint 94C4B
\ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
=(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://keys.pgp.com

\begin{rant}

My $0.02 Euros on internationalization? I'm in Spain and my keyboard is
mosty US mapped because the Spanish map is really awkward for programming.
Computers were designed to be funcional, not politically (or locally)
correct (hm, I don't think HAL ever spoke Russian). This "computers are
easy for all" GUI related trend has done a lot of money, and lot of
damage; at least command line OSes forced the user to actually learn
something and absorb information. The user assumed so, so he did. Now he
doesn't, and it's not all his fault.

The WWW is full of useless (and ugly) graphics, of useless links to links
to pages with links to links which usually end up in a huge links page.
Of course, there are some jewels.. but they should be majority! It's
understandable, when the tools and languages focus more on aspect that in
content.

Usenet is worse than ever, the interesting places have been ruined by
spammers, c00l hak3rz, and more and more people asking (or demanding) for
others doing their homework.. at least some time ago they were willing to
learn (or pay for it;)

IRC.. heh. The few times I've been on funet almost all I found is the same
people in the above paragraph. And I do know some of them even run scripts
to try denial of service or other destructive attacks on people they see,
just for fun or to get the op.

Email. Someone selling an "incredible program that allows you to bypass
your ISP mail server, for only $89" (thats right, a smtp server). No OS
mentioned, I somehow can guess which. And that stupid thing of sending
mail to people in RTF and HTML format.. I'm gonna answer them in LaTeX.

Internet, your ilimited junk yard.

Using computers would make me real sad if it wasn't for UNIX and, of
course, Linux and Linux people.

\end{rant}

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.648 / U:0.064 seconds]