SubjectRe: AM53C974 problems
Hi,

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Daniel Egger wrote:

> Hiho!
>
> I have got a weird problem since ages. Everytime I mount my Toshiba
> SCSI CD-Drive on my Dawicontrol SCSI-2 Controller I get
> strange error messages from ext2 saying that my ATA HDs timed out....
> To be more strange, when I reboot and do a e2fsck on my root partition
> serveral inodes are duplicated, references are wrong, blocks are
> simply damaged....
>
> When I let my CDRom mounted and keep on copyin several things from it
> onto my harddisks I get curious segfaults....
>
> I guess this driver is trashing into memory and thus corrupting things
> like buffers or even running programs.... anyone there who can verify that?

Yes. We also have one Dawicontrol and made the same experiences. The
system runs rock solid as long as you use the harddisks only. As soon as
you access the CD-ROM drive, the system crashes.

People have reported similar problems even under W95, so we decided to
remove this adapter from our list of supported hardware.

But there are several people that do not have any problem with this card.
Maybe there are various revisions of the adapter...

> Servus,
> Daniel

Hubert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.083 / U:0.020 seconds]