SubjectRe: unicode (char as abstract data type)
> I agree with all that you say, but there is another issue for some
> people: some file systems are being maintained by other operating
> systems, so sometimes the underlying representation must vary from
> file system to file system.

Nope. We present foreign systems in UTF8 too and do conversions as needed. It
may be a given code set on disk, it may be UC2 on disk, it may be ascii on disk
but its UTF8 at the kernel API's for filenames.

Data content is a different, and deeply horrible matter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.121 / U:0.828 seconds]