SubjectRe: AM53C974 problems
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Hubert Mantel wrote:

>Yes. We also have one Dawicontrol and made the same experiences. The
>system runs rock solid as long as you use the harddisks only. As soon as
>you access the CD-ROM drive, the system crashes.

>People have reported similar problems even under W95, so we decided to
>remove this adapter from our list of supported hardware.

That's true.... there I got the problem too.... though I'm able to play
15 hours Monkey III on a run without crashes (in fact that was the only
reason installing Winscrap :))

>But there are several people that do not have any problem with this card.
>Maybe there are various revisions of the adapter...

Hm, would be nice to know if there's a workaround just because I have
no other controllers than Dawicontrol at the moment....

--

Servus,
Daniel