SubjectRe: Lost keypresses [was Re: GGI and cli/sti in X]
On 1 Apr 1998, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:

> |> On Intel, they use different code. Look for the ASSUME_CUSTOM_KEYCODES define
> |> in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86KbdLnx.c. XF68_FBDev assumes you
> |> have a sane keyboard system without prefixes.
>
> It seems like this assumption was wrong....

:-)

The question is: how to know you have a keyboard with prefixes? 0xe0 _may_ be a
valid keycode on some systems.

Anyway, portable user code shouldn't rely on these `low level' internals. It
should be able to do everything it needs to by using keycodes and the KDGKBENT
ioctl.

Greetings,

Geert

--