    SubjectRe: Lost keypresses [was Re: GGI and cli/sti in X]
    On 1 Apr 1998, Andreas Schwab wrote:
    > Geert Uytterhoeven <> writes:

    > |> On Intel, they use different code. Look for the ASSUME_CUSTOM_KEYCODES define
    > |> in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86KbdLnx.c. XF68_FBDev assumes you
    > |> have a sane keyboard system without prefixes.
    > It seems like this assumption was wrong....

    The question is: how to know you have a keyboard with prefixes? 0xe0 _may_ be a
    valid keycode on some systems.

    Anyway, portable user code shouldn't rely on these `low level' internals. It
    should be able to do everything it needs to by using keycodes and the KDGKBENT

    Geert Uytterhoeven
    Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP}

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.023 / U:4.408 seconds]