SubjectRe: MTRR patch v1.12
Claus-Justus Heine writes:
> hixson@frozenwave.com writes:
>
> > I would _really_ appreciate it if these patches were announced and
> > placed on a web page, and _not_ posted to the SMP list. In the last two
> > days I've received about 100k of mail regarding the MTRR patch. For
> > those of us without PPro/PII machines these patches are not useful.
> > I would really appreciate it. Thank you,
> > -M@
>
> Mmmh. I think Richard has access to a ftp site, haven't you? Maybe you
> (Richard) should at least mention it in every posting (e.g. in the
> signature).

Yes, I have an ftp site. In fact, early on in the devfs releases I
stopped posting the patch and instead just pointed to the ftp
site. I've still been posting the MTRR patches because:

1) they're smaller
2) there have been less of them.

I think I receive far more than 100 kBytes of email per day on the
kernel list :-)

> BTW, Richard: thank you for your good work.

Thanks. Hopefully the MTRR patch will make it into the kernel, so I
won't need to post anything, even a pointer...

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.064 / U:1.084 seconds]