    SubjectRe: 2.0.33 off-by-one
    On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, ADAM Sulmicki wrote:

    >I think I could just make an module which could have inside of it the

    Right!

    >ip_glue() extracted (and fixed) from ip_fragment.c. I could use Source.map
    >to find out where the original ip_glue is in kernel. and then either:
    >
    >-make first instruction in ip_glue() to call my ip_glue_new()
    > which when done would return to old ip_glue(). the 2nd instruction
    > in old ip_glue() would be return.
    >or
    >-just find the only place in kernel where ip_glue is being called
    > and replace it with call to my new ip_glue.

    I' d like this way.

    > I think it could be handled by init_module() part of module
    > and cleanup_module() could restore it back to original state.
    >
    >Now I'm wondering how I could find out where ip_glue is in system
    >w/out having to resort to System.map as it is pretty much system
    >dependent, and on some systems it is /System.map and on others
    >/boot/System.map. Advantage of it could be that the module
    >could be system independent and work almost with any 2.0.3x
    >(at least).

    If you use the same compiler you could search for an intersting string in
    the kernel virtual memory and replace at some offset a double word with
    your new &__ip_glue(). If you don' t use the same compiler I don' t see a
    way to detect where is `call ip_glue'.

    Andrea[s] Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:7.183 / U:0.152 seconds]