SubjectRe: implementing a syscall in a module
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Rob Braun wrote:

> Implementing a system call compiled into the kernel is a piece of
> cake, so that is not my problem. And writing a module is a piece of
> cake, so that isn't the problem either. How to mix the two is.

You'd probably want the syscall in the kernel. Then,
when the call is made, the kernel knows it has to load
the module in order to complete the call.

If you were to leave both out in the module, the kernel
would have no way of knowing when to load the module.

Rik.