SubjectRe: PCI Device Driver Development
>      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xffbeef80.        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> I/O at 0xf880.
> Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xffbeec00.

That card has two different memory areas and an I/O area. It may well be that
one of the memory areas gives access to the same registers as the I/O area
(probably the first one, since it's smaller) and the second gives access to
something else - maybe on-card memory or a second set of registers. If the
documentation isn't clear then experimentation is going to be the order of the
day.

>a LOT of registers to hold the time/location/satellite values. Once I
>figure out the address, do I need to do any paging for this many registers?

Not because of Linux - you can just ioremap() the whole lot (within reason -
that's good up to several megabytes at least). But if the hardware is paged
then obviously you need to go along with that.

p.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.082 / U:0.028 seconds]