Subjectupdate and power-saving harddisks ...
Hi

I know, i know, this is not kernel related (but I do get used to ya
people, I don't know any other mailinglist that are more appropriat,
anyway, flame me, here it comes ...)

Someone among u people asked for an update daemon that supported harddisks
that spinned down. I'm not a great C programmer, I just like cut 'n
paste, so I merged some code from proc-ps in update.c.

It checks if the irq-count of interrupt 14 (normally your first HD
controller, I hope you don't have two HD's on it ...) has been changed or
not. If it has not been changed, update will wait 1 hour (default,
changeable by commandline) until it flushes the buffers. If the
irq-count changes in the mean time, it'll start flushing again at the
normal rate. I run it, seems fine to me, now it's time you people try it

(note, it's updated 1.3, you don't need anything else, just compile with
any option you want (i hope ...) and run it ...)

Jan Gyselinck

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.029 / U:0.652 seconds]