    SubjectRe: 2.1.93..
      Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:26:18 +0200
    From: Martin Mares <mj@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>

    I still don't understand why is ordering in BusLogic driver more important
    than ordering anywhere else. Is there any reason for handling the bootup
    SCSI controller different than the rest?

    The issue is how the driver can determine which is the bootup SCSI controller.
    The algorithm to do that requires using the PCI BIOS order, and then querying
    that card if it is a BT-948/958/958D to see if the sorted order should be used
    or the natural one. For the DAC960, I'm told the PCI BIOS enumeration gives
    the correct ordering, so in that case I just use what I find.

    Leonard

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.019 / U:34.028 seconds]