    SubjectRe: Improving Ext2 Reliability
    On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 wrote:

    > Losing the cache is bad.. But it's better then downtime..
    > The solition is prob Logging FSes.. But they tend to be slow..
    > I'd rather blow the cache on the increadibly rare improper shutdown then
    > be slow all the time or require a long check at boot..

    When I was playing with Squid and transparent proxying, web downtime due
    to squid server problems was not an acceptable I played
    around with gated, and through some gated games, got the squid server
    setup such that when it was up, there was a default route in OSPF pointing
    to the squid server. The metric on that route was high enough that
    I had some systems using it, some ignoring it. Thus if the squid server
    was down, customers would get to the web non-proxied. I had to give up
    testing as the hardware I had available was inadequate.

    Jon Lewis <> | for cheap
    Network Administrator | life insurance over the net.
    Florida Digital Turnpike |
    ______ for PGP public key____

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.018 / U:7.828 seconds]